SC: No decision yet on Marcos burial issue | mb.com.ph | Philippine News
Home  » Breaking News

SC: No decision yet on Marcos burial issue

The Supreme Court (SC) failed to resolve on Tuesday the legal issues raised in seven petitions against the decision of President Duterte to bury the late former President Ferdinand E. Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB) in Taguig City.
But the SC, during its full court session, decided to extend until November 8 the status quo ante order (SQAO) it issued on August 23 against the LNMB burial of Marcos. The first SQAO expired on September 13 and was extended until October 18.
Sources said the justice to whom the consolidated cases were assigned by raffle failed to submit his draft decision days before the session.  Thus, several justices pleaded for more time to study the draft.
The same sources said one justice had earlier submitted his opinion on the legal issues involved in several petitions. He reportedly favored Marcos’ burial at the LNMB.