DOLE releases P600,000 for victims | mb.com.ph | Philippine News
Home  » News » Provincial » DOLE releases P600,000 for victims

DOLE releases P600,000 for victims

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) announced that it has released P600,000 in financial aid to the victims of the Davao bombing incident.

Labor and Employment Secretary Silvestre Bello III said the donation came from its attached agencies, the Employees Compensation Commission (ECC) and the Occupational Safety Health Center (OSHC).

“I would like to thank both agencies for donating P300,000 each,” Bello said  during a press conference last Tuesday.

He said they are currently trying to source more funds from their other attached agencies to give additional assistance to the Davao victims.

Logo photo courtesy of keyword-suggestions.com

Logo photo courtesy of keyword-suggestions.com

Last week, at least 14 people died and at 60 others were injured after an improvised explosive detonated in a night market in Davao City.

Authorities are still investigating the perpetrators of the recent attack, which led to the tightening of security measures in Davao City.

Last Monday, Bello went to Davao City to extend his condolences to the victims and to assess the possible help DOLE could provide them.